This week has seen only slight changes in my facial hair.
- The hair has gotten long enough that it doesn’t itch much anymore.
- A sunburn made me look like a homeless person.
- A few friends have encouraged me to continue growing the beard.
- I’ve noticed that some of these friends also have very unimpressive hair-growth ability.
- The end of week four will be the first day of a week-long mission trip that I am participating in. Therefore, I will continue through week five before I make a decision regarding the fate of my follicles.
Here is some beard trivia for you: The gentleman in the picture above is Ambrose Burnside. He was a Union Army general during the U.S. Civil War. The unique pattern that he chose for his facial hair is almost the exact opposite of the hair that grows on my face. The term “sideburn” comes from his crazy chops.
Vaya con Dios, amigos.