- My middle name is Larkin. You might have figured this one out since it is right there at the top of my blog. Larkin Strom, my great-great-great grandfather, was the first Strom (in my family) to come to the United States. He was a ship captain who brought Swedish immigrants to the United States to settle in Illinois. Many of my relatives share my middle name, and I want my first son to have the same middle name as well.
- I was really good at archery when I was 10 to 14 years old. It started at a summer camp, and my dad bought both of us bows so that we could have a hobby together. Archery equipment is expensive, so I had to quit shooting.
- I am really self-conscious about a weird hair pattern on my back. Mel calls it my hairy patch. You will never see it.
- I sometimes vote in obscure elections, such as the Tarrant County Water Board. I would say that most people don’t care about such elections, but they should. The Water Board decides how to spend millions of tax dollars. Also, my friend Kyle tried to convince me that I should run for and elected office. I am intrigued.
- When I was about 9 years old, I took a stick away from a 7 year old girl who was hitting another child with the stick. She promptly stabbed me in the palm of my hand with a rather large piece of glass. I still have a scar, but nobody thinks that stigmata jokes are very funny.
- My favorite animal is the Grizzly Bear.
- I once spent three days in jail. Grapevine does not mess around with traffic tickets, and they came to get me. I could not pay the fine, so I sat out the time. I had a cell with two other guys the first night. Then they put about 8 of us in one cell while they cleaned the other cells. When a punk kid tried to pick a fight with an old drunk guy, I hit the kid. They gave me my own cell for the rest of my stay, which was pretty awesome because I got to sleep on three vinyl pads instead of one.
- I try to do everything in multiples of four: sipping a drink, setting the volume on a television, scratching an itch, brushing my teeth, making a list. I don’t know why. I am compulsive about it.
Vaya con Dios, amigos.